Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCDA exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

drae73

Technical User
Apr 26, 2002
US
I'm studying for the CCDA exam and I plan on taking the exam within the next 3 weeks. Can anyone help/inform me of some key topics or anything about the test? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

If you have taken the CCNA you will find there is alot that is the same. Be prepared to read scenario-based type questions and answer. You may have 2-4 case studies that you will have to go through and answer questions on.

Know the different types of equipment and what would be appropriate given a situation.

OSI, basic networking theory, routers vs switches

I believe there is a design quide. Make sure you know that.

*I hope I didn't get this test confused with CID. Good luck and hope this helps.

Tara

I used the cisco ccda pack which came with a written book and an exam book it was really good got lower 900 for the score which suited me fine. I found it one of the hardest exams out of the completed cisco ones next only to the CID3.0. Hope you pass.

I found the DCN to be *more* difficult than the CID 3.0.

Oh yeah, and I highly recommend "Top Down Network Design" by Pricilla Oppenheimer as a final review before both exams. You still need to know a lot about specific products, which TDND doesn't cover, but the design methodology she lays out is great.

I second the vote for "Top Down Network Design".. excellent text. I used it to pass the CCDA and will use it again for brush up on the CCDP.

MikeS
Find me at
"The trouble with giving up civil rights is that you never get them back"

Great, thanks to all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back