Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CC6 - "if you know the extension dial it now" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewGirl999

Technical User
Jul 8, 2009
GB
Could you please assist me with scripting in CC6 - I have a number of applications running quite successfully but have been asked if we can give callers the option of dialling an extension number - something along the lines of "if you know the extension number you require, dial it now".

I just need some idea what commands I need to be looking at. I know ROUTE CALL, EXECUTE SCRIPT etc but I can't find any reference to what I want to do - any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

NewGirl999, before you proceed, best to assess the current load on your access ports and how many calls might be using this. You might max out your ports doing this, and that would be a bad thing.

Usually it is best to provide this option upfront on a voice mail application (Call Pilot) instead of on the Contact Center Manager. Voice Mail systems have this capability built in standard.

Thanks Guys - Milesprower - we do have Call Pilot, could you give mw just a rough idea where to start - should I be looking at the Appliation Builder? Thansk you.

Yes, you would use Application Builder and build a new application. Drag out a block for Thru_Dial. When you open that block, you'll see several options, and pick the ones that you need (fixed length numbers, by name or number, etc.).

If you are adding this as a press-off on another menu, you may want to use the "left pad" option. For example, say that your extensions all start with "5". Then you can say something like "if you know the extension, dial it now. Otherwise, press 1 for..." and can use options 1-4 for other things. Attach the thru-dial block to the 5 press-off. When a person enters the extension beginning with 5, then the five is used as a pressoff and the thru-dial block adds it back in.

If your extensions don't work out that neatly, then you will need to have them choose an option, then enter the extension. For example, "if you know the extension, press 1 now." Then the caller will next be prompted to enter the extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back