Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CC6 Migration to CC7 (new server) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

paterson

Programmer
May 16, 2005
CA
Hello everyone,

I am in the middle of migrating a CC6 from one platform to a CC7 on another platform.

The trouble I am having is with the CCMS 6.0 database. I have used the migration tool to create a new database. I have placed the new database on a network drive. During the install of CCMS 7.0, it asks for the migration file location. I browse to the location on the network drive and then fill in the fields that asks for a domain\username\password. I click NEXT and the install app checks that the username\password is valid (if it is not valid, the app tells me). Then I continue with the install.

The install fails with the database migration. The log file says that it could not map the network drive to the file. Even though I browsed to it and it validated username\password during the install process.

Anyone have any ideas?

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

I may be way off base, as i usually am, but is the network drive setup with a user account or "everyone"? Maybe the symposium install is using a different user to access the network drive?

Thanks for responding Pir8Radio,

I solved the issue late on Friday. I could map to the network share and my domain account worked fine. The problem was using the BROWSE button on the install application. I had to type out \\servername\sharename\folder\folder\folder where the migrated data was, rather than use the browse button to the same location.

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back