Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CC6 admin access - SOAP error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupin

Technical User
Jul 30, 2001
GB
After configuring IE on a supervisors pc and installing SOAP for client access to the CCMA server, the supervisor logs on and when trying to view agents etc, gets the message that the SOAP is trying to access the server via machine name and not FQDN. It then tells me to run changesoapsrv utility on the CCMA. I've done this, putting in the FQDN with no joy. It just seems to be this machine as the other 80 supervisors work ok. Anyone have any pointers???

The client machine must be able to communicate with the Web Client Server by name as well as IP. Check your DNS settings. Also you may have to go into the hosts file if the machines cannot communnicate properly.

I've seen an "alternate" alias for a server on a DNS will cause a lot of headaches.

Best is to ensure it's off the domain and make it work...then once it's working okay, add it to the domain ..

I have the same issue on a Win2k machine and only one have issue. Reinstalling the SOAP client didn't work. where do i check FQDN settings on machien? also DNS settings for symposium server?

Sometimes this happens:
SOAP is installed by an IT or Telecom person with administrator rights. Everything works. The administrator rights person logs off of the pc.

Next, the supervisor logs into the PC, but since SOAP was not installed under their profile and they do not have administrator rights, SOAP errors out and tries to re-install. Since the Supervisor does not have proper rights, you are caught in an endless loop.

SOAP must be installed under the user's log in and that user must have adminstrator priviledges for it to install correctly.

One way around this is to temporarily give admin rights to the supervisor just to install SOAP. After SOAP is installed, put them back to their usual rights level.

Another way is to make sure that the PC has the web server as a trusted site. This way the PC will let the server install SOAP, active X controls, .net framework etc.

As well as having SERVERNAME as a DNS entry, we also added SERVERNAME.internal.COMPANYNAME.com*

(* .co.uk, .org. net whatever you use)

as a DNS entry (same IP) as that is how our package launches and we have *.internal.COMPANYNAME.com as a default IE setting for all PCs (most of our users can see the trusted sites to add to them).

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back