Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CC processor w/ transaction id's in deposit reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjanast

Programmer
Apr 26, 2005
US
Does anyone know of a processor that gives detailed transaction information in the deposit reporting?

I have transactions all day long, and my processor (Card Svc. Intl.) batches the transactions once a day. I can look at the batches and see all the CC transaction details including the transaction id.

These batches then get processed and I get deposits several times a day. I can look at a nice page that tells me how much went into the account from Visa/MC/Discover/AMEX... and I can even see the deductions for discount rates, transaction fees, etc.

The problem is that nowhere can I see what transactions made up a particular deposit. I'd be happy with just a list of transaction id's deposited on a particular day.

This is a reconciling nightmare at month end as it is quite difficult to tell which transactions are deposited and which are "in arrears" so to speak.

I have worked with three Credit Card Processors (Echo, Peak, and Card Services) and none of them had this information available.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the fault is with the Credit Card companies themselves.

So, again, does anyone know of a processor that gives detailed transaction information in the deposit reporting?

--gabe

I have had the same issue and not found one. We ended up writing custom code that figured out what the deposit was comprised of. This only works if your transaction sizes are different.

Luke Richey, MCSE
Tometa Software, Inc.
Get stress relief at
Luke Richey, MCSE
Tometa Software, Inc.
Get stress relief at

I uses and they don't do batches. Each and every single transactions are reported. Complete with your OrderID/OrderCode if you tell them. So, reconciliation is never a problem for me. I even have a program at my store that does auto-recon that automatically mark each order as paid/unpaid. Good luck.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back