Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cc/bcc internal recipient not always getting email

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

We seem to be experiencing an odd email issue where the boss only sometimes gets emails he is CC'd or BCC'd on, this is also the case if he is one of many in the TO field.

If he is sent the email direct via the TO and is the only recipient, he receives it , but if he is not the initial recipient he doesn't always get the email.

No other user that we are aware of is seeing this phenomenon.

I have checked his client rules and can't see anything that might be causing the problem from an outlook client perspective.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Cheers,
1DMF

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Google Rank Extractor -> Perl beta with FusionCharts

I can also confirm that exchange system manager message tracking is saying that the email is being delivered to him, but even when checking his inbox via OWA, the email is not there?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Well it seems to have been a corrupt or odd rule causing the problem.

I disbaled all his rules and he started getting the emails again.

I think our Exchange 2003 with Office 2010 isn't working properly , as I have rules on my inbox that don't run unless I manually force them to run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back