Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CBT Nuggets or Learnkey or Keystone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcoxx

MIS
Feb 8, 2004
FJ
I am thinking of buying some CCNA and CCNP CBT materials. Which is the best one to go for - CBT Nuggets or Learnkey or Keystone?

Thanks
Mcoxx

I found learnkey had a lot better content than CBT, cant speak for Keystone. The CBT nuggets seems to be more of a revision type material and learnkey which takes you through step by step. Either way the guys that do the videos are annoying as hell on the CCNA and BSCI!

Visit for free Cisco rack access.

I used the learnkey cds and they were ok. You cant take the test on just these alone, buy the books sybex or cisco press.

Eric - A+, Net+, INet+ CCNA next week.
Network Admin/Helpdesk II

I used the CBT nuggets videos. Their good but at times you can use them instaed of sleeping pills.

The CCIE on CBT nuggets is the best CBT I have ever used.

mcoxx,
I agree with Jsteve, I think the CBT Nuggets are very good, but you still need several books with the CBTs to learn it well.

I like -

1) Books - Cisco Press and Sybex to cover it well, Cisco Press covers in GREAT detail and Sybex tends to cover just what is on the Exam!

2) CBTs - CBT Nuggets for a break from reading and to get a different view on things - I read STP many times but watching it expl in a video on a whiteboard helped to make more sense. Same for Frame Relay and several other topics.

3) Hands on labs - with sims and or with real Cisco Routers and switches.

I have only viewed one older CCNA LearnKey tape, it was good but no way that I feel someone would have been ready for a Cisco exam. They also seem to be very expensive $$$$.

This might seem like a lot, but I want my students to know the subject and find jobs, not just pass an exam as a paper CCNA or MCSE.

I hope this helps!!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back