Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cautil - for uninstalling/deleting message records

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxan

Programmer
Apr 21, 2002
US
Hi,

I have an integration that enables Unicenter to accept our SNMP traps via message records and by running a local command action program. I have the following questions:

1. Is there any way to uninstall/delete these message records via the command line ? I am assuming cautil utility can be used but am not sure of what the syntax is for that.

2. Also, I have a "suppress" message action defined which is intended to suppress the original message from being displayed on the console. But it turns out that original message is still being displayed for some reason, with the "eye glasses" ('invisible' message attribute). How do I effectively get rid of it ?

3. The node from which I receive the SNMP trap is being displayed as "UNRESOLVED". How do I resolve the node name ?

Please advise. Thanks!

Hi

I hope i can help a little..

1) cautil can do annything to mgrevord / Action by commandline, this is a copy of the TNG online help:
Use the DELETE control statement to delete an existing message action from the Event Management database.

To delete an individual message action, specify the message token and the sequence number.
To delete more than one message action simultaneously or a subset of all message actions, specify the SELECT control statement and the appropriate operands followed by the DELETE control statement.

DELete MSGACTion [NAME=(msg-token,seq-number)]

[NODE=machine-name]

Removing a Message Action from the Database

In the following example, the message action associated with message token 3, sequence number 10 will be deleted from the Event Management database.
DEL MSGACTION NAME=(3,10)
Where:
NAME=(3,10)
Specifies that the message action associated with message token 3, sequence number 10, will be deleted from the database.

Copyright 1992-2000 Computer Associates International, Inc. Use of this documentation is subject to the License Agreement for the Program.

2) it is possible to select in the conlog, that you want so see suppress messages, disable this and you will see a blank instead of th emessage.
You cal also discard the message, if you do not use it in anny way.

3) check that you can ping the server by name from the TNGmaster machine, if not, check dns or host file.

Regards
Tue Hansen

Thanks Tue. That was very helpful information. Full points to you for the response!

Krishna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back