Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

categories in outlook contact is what kind of data type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2000
US
Hello --

Using vbscript, I can successfully get the value of the "Categories" control on the "General" tab of my modified outlook contacts form. However, I can't do anything with it because I keep getting a type mismatch!!! I've tried everything... using Cstr(strCategories) to turn it into a string, assuming that it is an array of keywords and trying to find what i want in it with the Filter() function.

I want to do an if/then statement where I basically say, IF this contact has this category in it's list, THEN only activate some custom created controls and fields on anther page. But I can't seem to parse that category variable to see if it contains what i'm looking for.... I can display it with a MsgBox (so i know I have it) but i can't do anything more than that.

Outlook 98 on exchange 5.5 on nt 4.0. vbscript.dll is version 5.

Any advice/comments appreciated.

Susan

Can you post a sample of your code so we can see more exactly where your problem might lie?

-Christopher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back