Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catching all mail to my domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveevans

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2000
GB
I have smtp mail from my ISP and all users receive mail addressed to themselves OK . Is thare a way of catching mail which is addressed to a user who does not exist in our exchange oranisation.
IE if someone sent a mail to sales@ourdomain.com can we forward it to a mailbox rather than generating an NDR ?

There are a few ways to handle this, the first one that I can't say too much about because I am not a programmer it is create a vb script to check inciomming mail and handle it's delivery. If you want to put some programming into it then I suggest you sheck out or devx.com for some details on how to get started.

The second way is much easier but is not really a catch all. create a public folder and add every email address you can think of to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back