Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CATASTROPHIC RECOVERY

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolhead

Technical User
Nov 8, 2004
US
Just wondering , The scenario is a option 81 with symposium and callpilot for what ever reason has lost power, the battery backup has failed and the switch has been down for an hour, no activity. What are the steps to bring it back up and processing calls. Please be as detailed as you like.

BUY A PLANE TICKET FAR FAR AWAY

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

bring up the switch first, then call pilot, then CCMS and CCMA.

We go switch, contact center then Call Pilot. We even set the timer on Call Pilot to wait 480 seconds before booting so the Contact Center can boot up and snag the ELAN before the Call Pilot.

I have seen it both ways though.

If it is a big 81, you need to make sure you have enough stable power before doing too much.

If batteries are drained, I would let them charge for as long as practical, then power up equipment slowly, so as not to bottom out the batteries.

Power up 1 core log in and set clock, then power up NET and IPE modules 1 group at a time. Power up Symposium, then CallPilot, then redundant Core.

But if you are not onsite when the power is restored, these items may kick on by themselves..

and then the fun really begins!!!

It'a also best to use the switches on the back of the cabinets and leave the Power unit dip switch on each cube alone as it's highly likely to damage the contacts if they haven't been touched for a few years.

This is more of a problem on the IPE shelfs.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

My large system customer won't let me use the step process to recover from a power loss. They want the system to come up by itself. They want to know that "it can do it", without hand holding.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

If you want to set your Call Pilot server to load after your Symposium/Contact Center, you can set your "dual boot" timer on your call pilot.

This is the default timer that uses a countdown to select which operating system to use. Usually we press enter to select the default OS since Server 2003 is what is installed.

You have to edit the boot.ini folder in the server (shown below. Just save a copy of your boot file before you do it. You just change the "timeout=30" to something like "timeout=480" or however long you want to wait.

This way Symposium/Contact Center can boot up first, grabbing the correct ELAN and Call Pilot will come up last.

Now, don't just go changing the boot.ini file in your servers. Make sure you feel comfortable doing this and if you don't get with your Server Group.

I like to change this when doing upgrades so that it's there before i bring the server into production. Have a clean backup.yada.yada... you know just to be safe.

Hope this helps.

***boot.ini****

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows Server 2003" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back