Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catalyst 6509 How to implement Redundancy between Supervisor Engine..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aolvera

Technical User
Jun 9, 2009
MX
Hi Every body . . I´m going to work with the Catalyst 6509 -2 Supervisor 720- and is necesary to implement redundancy between Supervisors Engine. I road the "Cisco IOS Software Configuration Guide" but I need more help to implement it.

Somedoby can shared the show config of a Catalyst 6500 with redundancy Supervisor Engine ???

Thanks for your help . . .

what kind of redundancy are you looking for?? RPR (slow to recover >2 minutes), RPR+ (slow to recover, but faster than RPR; >30 seconds), or SSO (virtually instantaneous depending on whether you are using a routing protocol and if that routing protocol is configured to use Non Stop Forwarding)??

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

I will looking for RPR plus to be configured for redundancy, the router protocol I will choose EIGRP for easy configuration.

Here's how to enable it:

Router(config)# redundancy
Router(config-red)# mode rpr-plus
Router(config-red)# main-cpu
Router(config-red-mc)# autosync standard
Router(config-red-mc)# autosync bootvar
Router(config-red-mc)# end
Router# copy run start

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back