Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catalog Manager Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwaters

Programmer
Jan 28, 2002
US
I am trying to assign permissions to a user for a specific report catalog and I am receiving the following error message: Runtime error '-2147211505(8004270f)': An unknown error has occurred! -2147211505 0. This message is displayed in a dialog box along with an OK button. When I click the OK button I receive the following error message: Runtime error '-2147211505(8004270f)': 440 automation error. I am running ReportSmith Version 4.2 Enterprise from a Windows 2000 Professional server. My client machine is running Windows 98. Has anyone experienced this same error or know how I can solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

I got the same error code when generating a text report based on a stored procedure in sql server 7. I had incorrectly named a database field in the stored procedure. Check that the query you are running works when run against your data source. See event viewer if you have this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back