Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAT5 termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris303

Technical User
Sep 17, 2006
GB
I have purchased 237 termination strips for extending CAT5 cables.

Now do I just terminate one cable to one side of the strip and then terminate another to the other side?

Also... I am unsure of the best way to actually punch down the cables as my Krone tool I purchased is no good for this type of termination strip. I assume I can use one of those cheapo plastic insertion tools?

Finally... In order to use my krone tool I would need to purchase 110 termination strips? Can anyone point me to where I can purchase these (in the uk preferably) - I seen some on a website that where designed to be mounted straight to a wall but I am looking for some sort of solution that within a closed connection box of some sort.

TIA

Chris

Krone is it's own termination and does not work with 110 (or bix or 66) I have no idea what these blocks are.

The answer is "42"

There are two corrisponding strips of 10 pairs.
Put the extensions (from the PBX) on the top and the outlets (whether faceplates or patchpanel) on the bottom.
You can use a Krone insertion tool to termenate, use it so the cutter is facing the gap between the two strips.

the krone tool is not the correct way to terminate these stipes. you may have problems with static or bad connections latter on. I 110 tool is only $20 from lowes or home depot.

Anixter may have some stores in the UK. If they do, they should have some 110 punchdown tools available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back