Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cat5 cat3 cable favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshesch

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
US
I have just changed jobs and now I am also installing the cable I sell again! I have come across two manufactueres I do not care for and was wondering does anyone have favorites? For ease of pulling? Footage markers that start at 1000 and count down? Is it ok to say the manufacturers on here? If not, I can certainly email anyone that wants to know and why.

Hitachi is among those that show footage used on the cable,not sure if it goes up or down.
Good Luck

Personally I like Mohawk/CDT, in the pop-boxes, not the reel-boxes. I'm a Hubbell connectivity guy, and they test out very well together.

As far as Cat-3, I'm much less picky, but like Superior Essex.

I use General Cable. I haven't noticed much difference between GC and Mohawk other than price.

I have used General Cable and Superior/Essex - Marathon CAT3 and CAT5e types. These are my favorites for pulling, markings, flexibility, ease of termination, and price.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back