Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cat 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat6daze

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
US
having never dealt with cat 6 cable before I decided to purchase a spool to install at a friends job for a network install job. I noticed that each pair is separated within the jacket , my question is, does this pose a problem when placing it into a rj-45 plug, or 110 patch panel?

No, it offers a solution :) It does make termination a bit more complex, and one must use great care in separating each pair to terminate it. Obviously you don't want to separate them any more than needed for termination. Many Cat6 jacks and patchracks are tweaked for meeting the standard, so be sure to follow any specific instructions that come with the hardware.

Good Luck! It is only my opinion, based on my experience and education...I am always willing to learn, educate me!
Daron J. Wilson, RCDD
daron.wilson@lhmorris.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back