Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAT 3560 can't see in topology viewer and in RME

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETBOY

Technical User
Dec 2, 2002
PT
Hi,

I have installed latest packages for Cat 3560,(i have two switches):

-one switch i didn't see him anywhere
-second switch i can see him in topology viewer in campus manager but the symbol is a cube with a question mark inside.What this means?

Another thing, beetween two cat 4507 i didn't see the fiber connection.

Could someone give me an help,please?

Thanks
MC

got the same on some newer model of 3560's

could be that the device is not yet supported, or that for some reason the device can not be inventoried correctly.
fx, if the device can be seen i CDP cache, but are not reachable.

hth
Martin

PS I use LMS2.5

Keep in mind that cdp is the protocol used to "discover" the topology of the network. If your links are not showing up between devices, make sure that cdp in enabled on your uplinks.

As for the 3560s, I'll be adding a handful of these to my network soon and will check this out. You may need to ensure that you've downloaded the latest device support files for the common services module so that CW can recognize this platform.

"Be the packet."

Hi,

I did some more research into this.
Only the c3560-48 TS (the TS part is the clue, as the power switches are fully supported) have problems.
You need to run 12.2(25).SEC2 minimum ! So it is stated in the rel-notes for CM4.0.2
I then took the full leap, and upgraded to 12.2.25SED
But I still have no luck ...
Just green boxes with questionmarks in them... i.e. no looking beyond these device... bummer

I am gonna install one more on monday, and will try again.

As for the device support files, as Damesac meantioned: What do you mean by this ?
afaik the device support comes from the servicepack files, and it is only sp2 as for now.

hth
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back