Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cash Batch and Bank Fees in Dynamics GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

appelq

IS-IT--Management
Dec 28, 2004
US
Importing a Cash Receipts Batch would normally Debit Cash for the amount of the Check and Credit an A/R account for the same amount which is also the total of the invoices being paid (Entries in the RRM20201 Open Transactions Apply table).

However US Bank when depositing money in our  KeyBank account for a customer, will keep 1.3% or so as a fee.

So when I import the Cash batch, I want the PYMNT record to Debit Cash for the amount of the check, Credit the A/R account for sum of the amount being applied and then also Debit a "Fee" account for the amount of the Bank Fee so that the Debits / Credits balance.
Example:
Account      Debit Amt     Credit Amt
Cash            34,449.13
A/R                                   34,898.32
Fee Acct          449.19

When I do this, and try tp post the batch in GP, I get an error message:  "The Accounts Receivable Distribution does not equal the Actual Amount"  even the the entry is in balance.

The Post report shows the correct distribution, and it lists the individual invoices being applied that equal the A/R Credit amount, but the Batch Total on the report shows the amount of the Check only $34,449.13

I must not be setting some value correctly when importing the batch. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back