Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Case sensitive link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerowolf

Programmer
Nov 6, 2002
I have the following tables: Customers, ShipTo, Orders

In the shipto table, I have the following shipto ids for one customer: 66S & 66s (note the capital and lower-case S)

When I have my order screen up and I bring up an order for shipto id 66s, I get 2 copies of the same order, one for each shipto id.

How can I make sure the link between orders and shipto finds the right shipto id?

Edwin

The primary key in my ShipTo table is and autonumber field because I have many customer ids with many shipto ids. How would I change my table around to make the ShipTo ID the primary key when I have duplicate IDs?

Edwin

My ShipTo table has autonumber as the primary key, and it has the fields CustomerID and ShipToID. The Orders table also has CustomerID and ShipToID. One particular customer has ShipToIDs 66S and 66s. The link between my Orders table and the ShipTo table is through the CustomerID and the ShipToID.

When I want to look at the order for ShipToID 66s, or I print a report of orders, I get two identical orders, one for ShipToID 66s AND one for ShipToID 66S.

Edwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back