Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Case Insensitive Not working CR 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicmcd77

Technical User
Oct 11, 2016
US
Has anyone had issues with Crystal Reports and Trackwise database? I have "Database server is case-insensitive" checked off and it's still not working. For my parameter, if the user enters "LAV", I want "LAV, lav, LAv" all returned. But it's only returning exactly what the user types. Also, if in the parameter it's "LaV" it only returns "LaV". I have no formulas either. This is in my select expert {BAX_MV_GEMS_LOT_DISPO_RPT.LOT_NUMBER} like {?Lot Number} (because they also want to use a wildcard). even if I change it to {BAX_MV_GEMS_LOT_DISPO_RPT.LOT_NUMBER} = {?Lot Number}, still no luck. When trying uppercase({BAX_MV_GEMS_LOT_DISPO_RPT.LOT_NUMBER}) = {?Lot Number} it just does a complete table scan. Ideas?

Try creating a SQL expression using whatever the upper case function is for your database. Then set that expression to the parameter, like this:

{%ucasemyfield}=uppercase({?Lot Number})

The SQL expression will allow the conversation to happen at the database level instead of locally, so should be faster. Adding the ucase around the field and the parameter means it won't matter what case the user uses.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back