Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cascading Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin25

Technical User
Jun 14, 2007
US
Hi All

Iam trying to create a cascading parameter by using fields from two different tables. The tables belong to the same db and are part of a relational db.

I am using CRXI Rel 2....

Is this possible?

Many Thanks

Please do not crosspost. Yes, it should be possible, although the tables should be linked with each other, I believe.

-LB

Cheers Ibass.....when you mean linked do you mean they should be directly linked or can I get away with them being part of a relational db?

I have always used directly linked tables, but I'm not 100% sure they have to be. Why not try it?

-LB

Hi I have tried cascading parameters with tables that are not linked...no success...

Any one had any success or got any ideas?

Ok I have managed to set up the cascading parameter but I am getting the following error message when trying to run:

---------------------------
Crystal Reports
Prompting failed with the following error message: 'List of Values failure: fail to get values. [Cause of error: Failed to retrieve data from the database.
Details: [Database Vendor Code: 245 ] Failed to retrieve data from the database. Error in File UNKNOWN.RPT:
Failed to retrieve data from the database.
Details: [Database Vendor Code: 245 ]]'.

Error source: prompt.dll Error code: 0x8004380D
OK

Anyone any ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back