Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cas server - how to define which mailbox server for OWA ?... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1lby

MIS
Oct 1, 2001
GB
Hi,
In Exchange 2010 how do I define which mailbox server OWA on the CAS server points at?
I've inherited a large Exchange 2010 organisation with multiple mailbox servers & multiple CAS servers.

In the UK, the UK CAS server provides OWA access to the UK mailboxes & in the USA the CAS server OWA there points at the USA mailbox server.

Kindest Regards

Phil B

OWA doesn't point to mailbox servers. OWA is from the CAS server, and proxies the connection between the client and the mailbox server that the user's mailbox is on.

Typically, a CAS Array contains the CAS servers for a given site, and are all configured the same. You may have a CAS Array for UK and one for US.

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com Swag? I've got mine!.

Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

Generally you'd have an AD site for each physical site and if you then have separate DNS servers on each site, point your CASserver.domain.com at the local CAS array.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back