Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAS Outlook connection issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo4357

MIS
Jun 21, 2004
US
I am working through a lab scenario in preparation for an upgrade. I set up two exchange 2003 servers and then added a Exchange 2010 server with all three roles. Everything worked fine, mail flowed between the two organizations, etc. I then installed a new exchange 2010 with CAS/HUB only and removed CAS/HUB on the original server. Now users on Exchange 2010 can't connect with outlook. They get the "you must connect to microsoft exchange with the current profile before you can synchronize" error. It seems to have some problems connecting using autodiscover and if I do it manually and put in the new CAS/HUB in, it seems to at least resolve the username (where with autodiscover it doesn't even do that) but it won't connect to the mailbox. OWA works fine. A little stumped.

Figured it out. In the powershell console:

did a get-mailboxdatabase | fl *rpc* which told me that it was still the CAS server for the database even though it shouldn't be, the new CAS server should've been.

Then I ran Set-MailboxDatabase –Identity “Database name” –RPCClientAccessServer “FQDN name of the CAS server” and that fixed it.

Tip if anyone needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back