Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CarryOver from other forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedingEdge

Technical User
Jul 14, 2005
US
Hey, I started thread in the wrong forum apparently. But I think the answer there will suffice.

However, maybe the good folks in this forum and expound.

I have the Approach that came with Smartsuite Millenium. Not sure what version number but I think it's latest version.
I built a DB and need help creating all my queries for making reports, of sorts.

My first query, is to select all records where the date is OLDER then 45 days ago from today. And then to exclude from this list any records which has a certain column as not null.

My bigger question is what is the best way to make queries within Approach, or, how does that work? I found the SQL query wizard to be quite limiting already. And what would be a good reference for SQL query syntax supported in Approach?

Thanks

You have two options for developing and storing queries in Approach.

1) The Find Assistant can set up multiple conditions with "and" and "or" between them.

2) You can do a manual Find and enter conditions and formulas into fields on the view and the give the Find a name by typing over the <current find/sort> in the Action Bar after you have run the Find successfully.

In your example, I think the manual Find method would be the easiest to set up.

In a text field on the view you are doing the Find on, go into Find mode, then type this formula into a text field:

If(yourdatefield < (Today() - 45) and yourotherfield <> '')

This formula compares your date field to Today's date less 45 days and your other field is not equal to null (<> is not equal, '' is two single quotes with no space between them).

Sue Sloan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back