Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

n6ber

Technical User
Dec 13, 2003
US
I have a Merlin II with a Legend R2 processor soon to be a R7V12 processor. Are there any issues using the Merlin II carrier or should I upgraded it to a 511A carrier? Already working on adding a 391C1 power supply.

The carrier is the same. Pay attention to the power supply to make sure you have the right "unit load" capacity. The 391C1 supplies 96 unit loads, which should be sufficient for almost any set of cards.

As you swap power supplies, be careful about the small white pin in the carrier that snaps into the power supply. It's a safety interlock, and the pin snaps off easily. (Shipping power supply in the carrier is one good way of shearing off the pin.) If the pin breaks off, you can re-attach it by drilling out the center and drilling the carrier, and using a very thin screw to re-attach it. Don't defeat the interlock - be safe.

Thanks for the information. You know I don't ever remember seeing a pin on the carrier. I'll have to check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back