Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Card reader only recognised every so often ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwunder

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
GB
Following my recent problems with my DVD ReWriter not being recognised as a "lightscribe compatible device" and my having to uninstall the drive physically and re install it to get it to be recognised in lightscribe software, I thought I'd post another little niggle I've experienced for the past few months.

I have a USB Card Reader, which 9 times out of 10, is not recognised at all by XP Pro upon startup. I have to actually unplug the USB cable from the rear of the reader and then re insert for Windows to pick it up. The other once in 10 times, XP Pro picks it up during startup and I can use it without problems.

Why should this happen ?

Cheers in advance

Have you updated your USB drivers? If they are built in to the mobo, update your mobo's chipset drivers & anything relatig to USB from the manufacturers website. If your USB is on a PCI card then basically do the same, but go to the manufacturers site for your PCI card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back