Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capturing Serial input to text/db file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnVogel

Programmer
Apr 19, 1999
US
I need to capture data sent to a PC's standard serial communication port (COM1) to a text file which eventually needs to be incorporated into a Microsoft Access 2000 Database structure. Has anyone done this sort of thing and if so, what software did you use to accomplish this?
TIA

John Vogel
johnvogel@computerwiz.net
logo.gif

See - haven't used it myself yet, but looks useful.

Also, if your input data is formatted properly (numbers separated by any decent character ) try capturing the file directly in hyperterminal (or better, ZOC) and send it to a text file. Later, open the text file in, for example, Excel, and use the special character as separator.

(I did do it myself this way)

u can use VC++ language to write the program. I hv not used serial ports but i used parallel ports earlier in basic and it worked well. There were some outport and inport commands i used. U can do it nicely in VC++.

s-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back