Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capturing IE not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2002
US
I use PSP to capture areas in IE then place that area in either a help doc or tutorial. After starting the capture session with a Shift C I could start the capture by hitting Fll and selecting the area in IE with the mouse. Now when I do this process it's like focus was taken away from PSP and given to IE nothing I do will allow me to capture anything in IE. F11 just make IE full screen now. I've tried changing to other key combos, using a right click and also using a 2 sec delay. But I still can't capture anything in IE. I can however capture in other windows so it has got to be something with IE.

IS it possibly a setting in IE or might it be some new security feature from MS?

Any suggestions?

I prefer to stay away from hot-keys as they can interfere with other applications that are running. In PSP under File/Import/Screen Capture/Settings change the Active Capture Using to Right Mouse Click. Then shift-c and PSP should minimize, right-click to invoke capture then left-click and drag the box.

As an alternative you can alt-print screen (capture active window) then paste that into PSP. From there just crop out what you need.

You didn't read my post very well, I already tried that and it didn't work.

Yes alt-prnt-screen works, but that is a lot of extra steps. I want the other to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back