Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capturing DV footage to laptop and freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

chixwithtrix

Technical User
Jul 25, 2006
US
When I start to upload footage from my XL 2 to Premiere 1.5 to my laptop, after a few minutes the program freezes and I loose all of my capture.
I checked on Adobe's website and they said it could be a driver issue, but if it is I have don't know how to find that out.

What could be causing Premiere to freeze during capture? If it is a driver, how can I find out which one?

The laptop had XP Home for and OS

I wouldn't like to guess at a distance which of many possibilities could be causing your current problem.

You could try getting a trial copy of Scenalyzer Live from and see if that can capture OK. If so, that program would give you a workaround. Great capture program - recommended for general use anyway.

I had a problem like this a while ago and the answer in my case was that the cable I was using wasn't good enough. Can't explain exactly why, but a new cable sorted it out completely

David

I had a thought that it might have been an issue since it was smaller than the one that I was using to capture to my old desktop. Hmm...that might be the issue. I bought my cable from Radio Shack for $25, what one did you replace yours with?

This is what is written on the cable:

"ilink s400 - E41105-V - AWM style 20379"

I'm pretty sure I got it at Fry's, the price was around $25. It is considerably thicker than the first one. Probably better shielding.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back