Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

capturing and submitting time from a dynamic text field

Status
Not open for further replies.

sle2002

Technical User
Jul 16, 2001
US
Hello!

I have a timer displaying time in a dynamic text field, I then have a button which makes the timer stop with the intent of capturing that time - that works fine. I would now like to capture the time in that dynamic text field and submit it to a webpage for a highscore scoreboard. Does anyone know how to submit data from a dynamic text field?

thanks!!!

You cannot store data on a web page.
The data will have to be stored in a database or in a flat file on your server in order to be retrieved and displayed in a web page.

Keith

How do I send the data out of flash? Do I use a geturl and attach the data using that somehow?

I would use 'LoadVars' to call a server side script, as you would want the high score table loaded at the start of the Flash animation. This same 'LoadVars' statement would be used to set the high score table, via arguments, from within the same server side script.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back