Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capturing A Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I can't find the command that allows adobe to capture a screen (i.e. desktop, webpage) as an image file... can anyone here help me??? It's 5.5 if that helps.

It's not a photoshop command but a windows command. You simply view the screen you want to capture and press 'print screen' (upper right on your keyboard). This will capture the whole screen (or multiple screens if you use multiple monitors). If you only want the active window press 'Alt + Print Screen'.

Now that the image is in memory move to photoshop. Press 'Ctrl + n' to create a new image file. The values for the size of the image will automatically be the size of the screen grab! Accept these defaults (creating the image) and press 'Ctrl + v' to paste the image from memory and there it is.

Hope it helps

gollyg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back