Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

capturing 100Mbps traffic with ms-dos Sniffer 5.09c for Ethernet IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfernval

Technical User
Mar 20, 2006
ES
Hello:

Finally, with the Cogent EM110 TX PCI card, the Sniffer 5.09c for the Ethernet IV (Cogent card) can capture 100Mbps traffic, but oddly, the Adaptec ANA-6911/UC can capture only traffic at 10Mbps. The differences between Cogent EM110 TX and Adaptec ANA-6911/UC are only that the Adaptec card has AUI and BNC connectors in addition of RJ45 connector both cards have. Is possible to convert an Adaptec ANA-6911/UC card to behave exactly like the Cogent EM110 TX card in order to capture at 100Mbps? Both cards are from Network General (MAC address: 000065xxxxxx)

thanks

In BNC and AUI ports, the capture is at 10Mbps only, but in RJ45 the capture can be at 100Mbps. The problem with the Adaptec ANA-6911/UC card is that only captures traffic at 10Mbps in the RJ45 connector with Sniffer 5.09c for the Ethernet IV, regardless I specify 100 TX in the capture options. This matter doesn´t occur in the Cogent EM110 TX PCI card (only has an RJ45 connector, no BNC or AUI connectors)
I would like to know how to convert an Adaptec ANA-6911/UC card to behave exactly like a Cogent EM110 TX card, so I can capture traffic in the RJ45 port of the Adaptec ANA-6911/UC card at 100Mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back