Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capture streaming audio and perfom digital audio processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomHaworth

Programmer
Jul 6, 2004
GB
I have created an mp3 player with flash that sits on the webpage client side. This plays sound through the clients soundcard. I want to create an applet with JMF that will capture this sound on the way to the sound card. I then want to perform digital audio prcessing: to create an equaliser using fast fourier transforms.

I have been looking at the JMF API and have found several open source code showing how to capture sound from a microphone and save it. Would I have to do something similar to enable me to capture streaming sound from the web? Would this sound then be in a suitable format for processing?

Thank you

Tom

Any help on capturing streaming sound, or sound playing through the sound card would be very much appreciated.

Sure, If it is your program that is sending media data to the sound card i.e. rendering the sound, then you can certainly do it. Just get the out data source of the last processor and clone it. Use this cloned datasource to get the audio stream to the equalizer. it should be fairly easy...

YEH GHAZI YEH TERAY PUR-ASRAR BANDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back