Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capture reports to PDF with Foxit Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

vernpace

Programmer
Feb 22, 2015
US
Had a nice surprise today when my printer went down. I tried to print a report by selecting the "Foxit Reader PDF Printer" from the printer selection dialog. I was then prompted to enter a PDF file name, after which my 10 page report was perfectly capture into a PDF. Code (modified for example):

SET REPORTBEHAVIOR 90
SET PRINTER TO NAME "Foxit Reader PDF Printer"
REPORT FORM <Path\Report Name.frx> TO PRINTER NOCONSOLE NODIALOG NOWAIT

Of course, for this to work Foxit Reader has to be installed...

Thanks for posting this. It's interesting to see that Foxit Reader has developed from being a simple PDF viewer. It now has a PDF printer driver, which is the tool that you used to create your PDF report. As you probably know, the printer driver is not specific to VFP reports. You can use it from any application that supports printing.

It's a pity that Foxit is no longer free, but I suppose the cost is necessary to support further development.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Yes, there is a free version of Foxit Reader. They also sell an awsome ActiveX control that works great with VFP. My company purchased it a few years ago and got their programmers to provide a tweek - multi instances of the same PDF. Their staff is very responsive and helpfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back