Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capture problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobie

Technical User
Nov 7, 2002
US
I am running some scripts on several machines and all of a sudden one of them is having problems with the capture. I am not sure what has changed.

....snip....
set capture file filename
set capture recordmode raw
capture on
....end snip....

Filename is entered via a dialog box. On this one machine is appears that procomm is not using the current variable "filename" but instead using the previous instance.
Does procomm cache things like this, is it a windows problem (running WIN2K)? Any ideas?

Thanks

There are a few file-related commands that retain the previous paths used with those commands (a bug when running Procomm on Win2K), but I've never heard of this problem with capture files. If the script works fine on a non-Win2K machine, you may have found another related problem. I don't have a Win2K machine to test against at the moment, but will look at this when I get home.

aspect@aspectscripting.com

I finally got a chance to test this on my Win2K laptop and it worked as I expected it to. It sounds to me like your install of Procomm is set to prompt for the capture filename, that may be why it seems the filename is being cached (although the filename specified in your script should appear in the dialog). You can turn this off by selecting the Options | Data Options | Setup Files menu item in Procomm, click on the Setup button associated with the Capture listbox, uncheck the Query for file name when capture is started checkbox, and press the OK button twice to save your changes.

aspect@aspectscripting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back