Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capture problem on Hauppauge Impact VCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tschibo

Programmer
Jul 24, 2002
DE
Hi there!
I've got an Impact VCB for video captures under Win2k. Some months ago (maybe about the time i installed an USB webcam) the capture didn't work anymore.
I tried several Hauppauge driver versions, setups, i even changed my whole computer setup and assigned an available IRQ to the card. Nothing worked.
Then i installed the OpenSource drivers ( After massive reconfiguration (and especially removing all parts of the old Hauppauge driver) i can capture at some resolutions now.
But the whole thing isn't working as it's supposed to be.
I can just grab w/o compression (before the problems i could grab w/ DivX5 running), in one color mode and only at 3 resolutions (160x120, 320x240, 640x480)

What is the problem? Does the webcam interfere with the capture drivers (it's listed in Legacy Video Capture)? Am i using wrong drivers? Is the whole system screwed up?
Please help me!
Christoph

OK, i found out one thing on myself (from a very old Hauppauge installation manual):
There it's said, that for optimal performance, one should use uncompressed 320x240 BTYUV, which is *exactly* the setting where i get the only reasonable results...
So i suggest this is a major hardware/whatever conflict problem, resulting in major performance problems on the capture card.

For any help i list my computer setup:
Athlon XP 1700+
MSI K7T266 (Revision 1.0)
512MB DDR
Win2k SP 2
DirectX 8.1
Latest OpenSource BT8xx driver (5.3.5)
Latest VIA drivers
AC'97 soundcard onboard
Radeon 8500
FritzCard (second-lowest PCI slot)
Ethernet (lowest PCI slot)
The Impact VCB is installed with one empty slot above the FritzCard, thus it's on the only PCI slot that is able to get a IRQ for its own. Which doesn't matter, because ACPI shares one IRQ for all PCI devices (and for my soundcard)
I hope this helps on solving my problem...
Christoph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back