Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capture Excel cell change event

Status
Not open for further replies.

barnard89

MIS
Mar 6, 2005
US
Hi

I have an excel sheet where in the user enters SSNs in the first row of the sheet
But in case the user types in some value and presses Escape button , the user jumps out of that cell and leaves that particular cell blank, but i need some mechanism by which I can still record that event

Can I make that cell appear red whenever the user presses Escape button( After he has typed something in the cell ) or comes out of a cell even by a mouse

Please suggest

Thanks

Errm, that's not an event. Well, not an Excel event. You are asking for an event of when edit mode is cancelled, and you can't do that in normal Excel. There might be a way using Windows API calls, but that is not my forte.

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back