Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

capture data from printed receipt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2005
CA
Hi,

I have a vague question, though did research on it not getting my answers.
looking for solutions.

Scenario:
when you do any purchase or eat food, all stores whether
big or small, they all give a printed receipt.

What I am trying to do is to capture/scan this receipts
and transfer data directly from the receipts into the computer.

Question is how, did research on it, found lots of website
providing the software. What I understand this software are written for Mac computer, iPhone, Android phone.

I like write the program myself and as per my requirement, so that it can be tweaked to my needs. Is there a way to write either in Visual Basic, MS Access VBA ?

Also, if has to be in Android, Java, C++, VB.net, iPhone wanted a link
that shows how things are written to capture data from receipts and transfer it to a file can be text file, database.

Have been to the website

Any updates much appreciated.

Thanks,

TechIT

What you are looking for is an OCR library.
Various posts one codeproject refer to one Open Source for .Net, i.e. VB.Net or C#, Tesseract:

Hope this gives you a start.
Good luck,

MakeItSo

“Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

And before that OCR software does you any good you need camera or scanner image capture handled first.

Hi All,

Thank you all.
The links and advise is good starting point.

TechIt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back