Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capture Ctl + Alt + Delete Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody666

Technical User
Oct 22, 2001
AU
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to capture Ctrl + Alt + Del key combinations and stop the windows shut down from occurring?

I cant figure it out using the KeyDown KeyPress events!

[pipe]

Thanks
Woody
[sadeyes]

This has been covered many many times in the VB6 forum - all the comments there still apply when using VB.NET.

Chip H.

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first

Don't Microsoft claim that only windows are able to recognise those key combos for security reasons (i.e when you are logging on)

Yes, it's called the SAS - secure attention key sequence. Under NT/2K/XP the OS traps this -- you are not able to get access to this key sequence without writing a GINA dll, something which is extremely painful and difficult to do, even for experienced C & Win32 developers.

Under 95/98/ME, it is possible to do this via an API call. I don't remember what it is, but a search in the VB6 forum will turn it up.

Chip H.

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back