Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capture Computer Name when crystal report runs on Crystal Server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweetie7

Programmer
Jul 28, 2006
AU
Hi

I am using Crystal Reports 2008 v1, Crystal Reports Server 2008 v1 (we will be using Window AD authentication), Oracle 11g.

We are trying to capture the computer name and the user name of person who has run the report on the Crystal Reports Server. I have used the function CurrentCEUserName to capture the username which works when the report is run on the Crystal Reports Server.

I have not been able to find a similar function to capture the Computer Name - I can only find functions that will capture the computer name when the report is run locally through Crystal Reports. The functions I have tried are ComputerName in win32 (u2lwin32.dll) amd ComputerNmae in u2lctrUser.dll.

Does anyone know if there is a similar function to CurrentCEUserName but instead of capturing user name it captures the computer name logged onto the Crystal Reports Server? Is it possible to capture this at all?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back