Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capture and seperate prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrobbert

Technical User
Jun 7, 2001
NL
Hi, if I print my report it will be sent to one printer.
Is there any way to capture this print and divide it to multiple printers?
The reports is grouped by some departments in a building and every group must only be printed at it's own department.

Is this possible, if yes please tell me how. Thanx Robbert van Spronsen

With cViewMANAGER, my report scheduler, I have a feature to rerun a report several times for each dept and select a different destination (printer, email or disk file) for each run.

Think of your report as a 50 page word document. How do you send different pages to different printers? You do each print job seperately. Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Thanx a lot, but I've checked cViewer and it's pretty expensive. I only really need to send the report to the different printers.
Can you tell me if there's a utility that's less expensive than Cviewer (allthough it's a great program) and has the function for my printing problem.
Thanx again Robbert van Spronsen

Oh, I forgot to tell. It really would be great6 if I could print this report to these departments with only one click at the print-button.
Is this even possible? Robbert van Spronsen

I've checked the program out and I'm only stuck now with another problem. If I want to use the scheduler I need to have a parameter prompt in my report where I can choose the department I want (the report is grouped by departments).
The problem is that I can't supress all the other departments. For example I choose to show department 1, it still shows all of the departments (the whole report).
Can you help me figure this formula out... Robbert van Spronsen

In your record selection formula, {?parameter}={Department}.
That should do the trick. Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back