Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CapeSoft - Office Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rena

Programmer
May 24, 2000
US
Does anybody use the 3rd party vendor CapeSoft? I am specifically looking for some help with their Office Inside product (importing an Excel spreadsheet).

My situation: I have a workbook that has several worksheets. I am having difficulty opening the workbook and pointing to the specific worksheet I need. Here is my code:

KelExcel.OpenWorkbook(VAR:ABCXLSFile)
KelExcel.SelectWorksheet ('Consolidation')

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rena

I do not use this product but from what I have experienced in other products that interaface with EXCEL is that if you do not specify the path in the filename, it tends to look for the file in the default directory mentioned i.e. My Documents.

So it is better VAR:ABCXLSFile has the path in it. If the files exist in the current path and VAR:ABCXLSFile contains the file name only, you could do

VAR:ABCXLSFile = '.\' & VAR:ABCXLSFile
or
VAR:ABCXLSFile = CLIP(PATH()) & '\' & VAR:ABCXLSFile

Have you tried to contact CAPESOFT with your query?

Thanks for your reply. I found the problem. As it is with so many problems in Clarion it was a matter of where I was putting my embed. Once I found the right place it worked fine. Sorry, I ment to post this earlier but I took off early and forgot.

In response to your suggestions. I did have the complete path in the variable. And yes, I did contact CapeSoft and got no reply.

Hope you all have a very happy and safe New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back