Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capacity planning/monitoring AIX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexia32

Technical User
Jul 31, 2007
NZ
Hello

Can someone give me some idea of nice tool to use to measure system usage and get some trends (graphs daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly , yearly...)

I am using nmon but this is on daily basis. (graphs with rddtool)
I am using also the HMC (lpar2rrd, only for virtual cpu)

But I still don;t have (a free ) tool that can give me full data and generate graphs and make a report monthly, quarterly etc...

I see there is a tool name Ganglia but apparently complicated to install (I mean to much rpm apache2 etc... complicated on my env.)

If you know any free tool that can provide this will help me a lot..
Cheers
Al

Thanks Khalid

I found out a tool propose by IBM named GANGLIA.
I tried to install the rpm but it is not that simple on the web server side.

I will open a new post to see if some people done it before.

But thanks for the link.
For the moment I am just using nmon (generated every day and create automatic trend) but not that nice as I can see what Ganglia offers...

Cheers
Al

You pretty much already have all the tools you need. Read this.

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back