Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Capacitor type in StarTalk Flash 4? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JZerfas

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2004
US
I think our StarTalk Flash 4 has a capacitor that has gone bad (it losts it's configuration a few days ago when it was unplugged for a minute).

I'm hoping to replace the capacitor with a new one. From previous posts I believe the capacitor is a 1 Farad type but I'm not sure of the voltage. I'm guessing it's about 5V. Does anyone know if this is correct?

disclaimer: guessing is not good while choosing component ratings and nortel doesnt 'recommend' such repairs in field, without the spec drawings.

if you have access to a working star talk ...try to match that

FYI, the Flash voicemail will go through a series of Self-Tests. If it should fail one test, the Flash will Clear and Reboot itself, clearing out all memory.

NamLy555

Thanks for the confirmation exsmogger.

Looking for a good source for the CAP to replace in Flash.

I've never actually did replace the capacitor in our unit because I don't think it was the problem (apparently it is possible for Startalk Flashs to lose their configurations when unplugged improperly, the proper way appears to be to disconnect the phone cords from the unit for a minute and then unplug the power cord).

Anyway, I believe you can get the proper capacitors from I think you would need to use either the "EEC-F5R5U105" or "EEC-S5R5H105" capacitors, I don't know which for sure. The only major difference between these are the distance between the pins on the bottom (5mm and 20mm respectively). They're only about $5 each so I would just order both since they aren't that expensive.

What you are questioning as a cap. is really
a "super cap"., It act's like a battery, by way
of its slow drain of current to keep the
software up. Once you shut down current (120v)
all is defaulted. It is field changable if
you have the tools and parts. Just a last note
All of Meridian Norstar ???? have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back