Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't write large jpg's to cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipereyes

Technical User
Mar 26, 2003
US
Hi,

I have an older win 98 computer that I sometimes use when transfering digital pictures from my camera to cd using Nero Express. Last week, it started to give me a page fault error when I click on jpg's in the 2MB range. It worked fine for months and it still works for smaller - 50K give or take jpgs or for other types of data like MS office files. I can't see anything in the settings that I could have changed. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Kim

Sounds like it is time to buy a new memory stick (or flash card or whatever) for your camera.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Oh wait - you're talking about the 2MB bar in Nero ? Now that's wierd. Have you tried on another writer ?

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Hi Pascal,

Thank you for responding but I am not sure I understand what you mean by the 2MB bar.

I can transfer pictures to the computer from my camera. I just can't transfer them from my computer to a cd unless I reduce their size first (this isn't an option for me - I take wedding pictures). I use to be able to until a couple of weeks ago.

All I know is that the program crashes (page fault error) everytime I try to select a large picture to burn. But I can select many smaller pictures and files at the same time and drag them over without any problems.

I do have another computer and burner which works fine but I still have some pictures on my old computer that I need to burn to a cd.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall Nero but that didn't help.

I think I will have to call them.

So you mean that you cannot burn files bigger than 2MB ? Have you configured anything in the preferences ? Any change to the default sector size of the disk ?
If you can burn the same files on another PC, it has to be either your hardware or some virus of some sort - or maybe a faulty copy of the program ?
I must admit I would also call in your case.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back