Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't void or unapply payable 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbola

Technical User
Feb 27, 2003
CA
We have a strange situation. A Return was entered in payables transaction entry for $5000. There were two invoices entered as well, one for $200 and one for $800.

Somehow these invoices were applied against the return in error. I can't void the Return becaues it says "This document cannot be marked for voiding, It has been either partially applied or is on hold".

I can't seem to unapply the invoices, or even find them on the list to void. None of the GP documents seem to have the right solution for me.

Any ideas?

The system will not allow you to void a partially applied document. You will need to enter a dummy invoice for the balance remaining ($4000) and apply against the Return.

Once the Return has been moved to History you should then be able to void the Return.

Okay. I will do that. thanks.

The two invoices that were applied to this return, why can't I void them? They are in history, but I also see them in PM10200 and PM30000 but I don't see them under either void open or void historical.

The system will not allow you to void anything unless all the affected documents are in History.

When you create the dummy invoice and apply to the Balance Remaining on the Return then the Return will move to History.

You can then void the Return which will make all the invoices that were applied to it Open again. Then you can go ahead and void the Open dummy invoice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back