Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't view web pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenica

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2002
US
Hi All,

I have a home network running ISA server 2000. I have a couple client PC's running Windows 2000 Professional. I just put a laptop (XP professional) on my network and I can't view web pages. I can ping web sites like from the command prompt, but IE 6 just returns "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" for every site I type in. I haven't been able to get to one web site yet. But I can browse my network just fine and see my other clients. All my 2000 clients can see any web site just fine. I do not have ICS enabled nor XP firewall enabled or any other firewall software for that matter. I saw some simlilar posts but all seemed to be related to ICS.

Thanks for your help!

Jenica

Try going throught the internet settings wizard again: control panel ==>> internet settings ==>> connections ==>> setup.

IE sometimes is weird like that and you need to force it to resetup the internet connection.

Hi,

Thanks. I tried that and it still doesn't want to let me get out to the web.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for all your help.

Jenica

Howdy:

Try the following from Microsoft..

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 241344

Murray

Hi,

I figured some things out here. I hooked the XP laptop directly to my router, bypassing the ISA server / Windows 2000 domain and web pages display fine. Sounds like ISA is some how blocking port 80 traffic with my XP client.

Thanks for everyone's responses.

Jenica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back