Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't use my favorite icon for the .exe file...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xinyin

Programmer
Jan 16, 2003
HK
Hi all,

VB allows you to set any icon for the forms and .exe files(my favourite function). This makes your design looks more "professional". But when I use MS Paint to do some drawing and then save it as *.ico, VB can't recognize that .ico file I draw and does not allow me to set it as the program's icon. Does anybody know why? Or should I use some other drawing software instead of MS Paint? Thanks

MS Paint does not support saving as .ico files and files need to be converted to .ico rather than renamed. There is software available to do this or an API call, there was a thread with the code in to do it programatically (i think DrJavaJoe or strongm gave the code) but i can't seem to find it at the minute. Do a search on this forum for icon.

Harleyquinn

---------------------------------
For tsunami relief donations

Last month there was a submission at PCS for an icon editor, pretty nice.

Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'.

xinyin - I downloaded IconCool Editor's 30-day trial version and created my icon. It works fine.

Hope this helps! Hiccup

Sorry for the late reply (due to holidays :p )

I tried the software you suggested and they worked fine. Now I can creat my own favorite icons. Thanks alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back