Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant use media from ntbackup for veritas

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinrx7

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2006
US
I was temporarily using ntbackup while deciding on a permanent backup tool. I decided to go with veritas but now i cant use any of the media that was used on ntbackup in veritas. It wont let me erase or format either. I allowed overwritting in the permisions but still no luck. The erase option is always grayed out. I even tried to go back into ntbackup to erase the tapes then come back into veritas but i dont see how to erase it in ntbackup. You all know that these tapes are not cheap and i have used 5 tapes on ntbackup so im kinda stuck.
any help?
thanks.

sorry, this should have been posted in veritas backup exec

Did you already use the bplable command.
Did you also check all the options of 'allow media overwrite' in the MasterServer Properties - Media.

I found a option that was set to not overwrite foreign media by default. Changed it and it works now. Well, now opens the door to many other problems. Its never ending!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back