Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't use Domain Resources- network is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfay415

MIS
Oct 26, 2001
Problem: I can use the network the server is attached to with out any problems as long as I don't try to use any Domain resources. For example, I can log on with the local account and access the Internet and ping all over our network, if I try to access anything that requires me to pass domain credentials the network connection is dropped (ex. shared printer). Here's the other oddity- this only happens if I use one of the on-board NICs. If I attach an external USB NIC everything works fine.

Environment:
HP Proliant DL380
Windows 2003 (not SP1 as of yet)
HP HC7781 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (one is disabled)
Server is a member of the Domain (added using USB NIC)

Related History of server: Systemboard was replaced on 5/3/05. Fresh install of O/S on Server 5/4 (O/S drive partition was formatted preinstall). All controllable settings we set the same as previous install (ie- same server name, same static IP)

Other items of Note: Updated Firmware and Drivers for NIC yesterday to latest and greatest versions. BIOS is latest version.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete

have you tried switching to the disabled NIC? Do you have the same problem?

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Thank you for your reply Mark. We have tried the disabled NIC and we get the same results. It seems hardware related to me but HP says its software related. I am planning on getting a new systemboard tonight to see if it makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back